ABOUT GET WET FOR A VET
GET WET FOR A VET IS A 501C3 NON-PROFIT
Get Wet for a Vet is a non-profit organization that serves our Oregon Veterans. Our mission is to help Veterans prosper through a Community of Support. The power of community involvement and leadership is SORELY needed at a time of too few precious resources.
Get Wet for a Vet is successful in many ways but most importantly to us, it demonstrates the collective power of dedicated volunteer team members, sponsors and donors. This is an amazing all-volunteer undertaking! The success of the event, operating as a 100% all-volunteer organization, starts with you and helps to generate many impressive results.
In 2002 Air Force veteran Roy Coppinger started a Veterans’ Day golf tournament at Pumpkin Ridge. Initially, veterans who were members at Pumpkin Ridge and their guests were invited to play and make a small donation. All of the proceeds in the early years went to the Oregon Veterans’ Home in The Dalles. In 2008, Navy veteran Jim Cure joined the effort with a goal to do more for our veterans by making the tournament a bigger fundraiser. In 2008 the tournament became known as “Get Wet for a Vet” and included larger sponsors and a full field of golfers. From its humble beginnings, Get Wet for a Vet has continued to grow, making an impact on the lives of our active duty military and Veterans specifically our post 9/11 Veterans.
Get Wet For A Vet is a 501(c) (3) non-profit charitable corporation (EIN 45-2692962)
Veterans’ Charities We Have Supported
- The Oregon Serviceman’s Relief Fund
- The Oregon Veteran’s Home
- Returning Veterans Project
- Honor Flight Foundation
- Fallen Warrior Foundation
- Veterans & Family Center
- Oregon Spirit of ’45 Foundation
- American Lakes Veterans Golf Course
- Operation Santa Clause (a local Salvation Army charity for veterans)
- Cast for Kids (a program to take deployed military kids fishing)
If you cannot attend our event, please consider a tax-deductible donation to our organization. Your support is appreciated. Thank you!
Board of Directors
- Tom Stein – – Chairman 501c3;
- Bob Strader – Treasurer 501c3;
- Lila Ashenbrenner – Secretary 501c3;
- Dave Garske – Member at Large
- Don Kielblock – Member at Large
- Jeff Keller – Member at Large
- Bill Adams – Member at Large
- Jim Cure
- Roy Coppinger
- Dan Harmon